Learn About Him, and Learn Some More.

First two weeks of DTS! The first week we did what most would do and went through our manual together as a class. We discussed a lot about what actual community looks like within our own lives as well as within the church (which go hand in hand btw). Our school leaders and staff are by far some of the most inspiring people and over the past few years have really sought the Lord's heart on the topic. They have created a list of "culture pieces" that make up intentional Christian community. I'm not going to take up your time by listing them all (though I'm so down to discuss them with you at another time), but I will highlight one in particular that has really latched onto my heart.
Disclamer: these ideas are straight from my "A Life Together " manual and I would not be writing any of this if it hadn't been for the eloquence of the writing in said manual and the power of the Holy Spirit giving me clear understanding. 

A culture of awareness and stewardship
A fancy way to say "keep your eyes, ears, and hearts open to reality." Be an active learner. This applies to several things; be aware of the issues in the world, those around you, your own heart, as well as the Lord's. Actively purse a deeper understanding of God, the world, and our place within it. 
As our school leader Steve so eloquently said "refuse the tendency to solidify discovery." Cultivate a lifestyle of "open minded-ness" meaning never quit seeking out new understanding or knowledge. 
For such a long time I would discover something new about the Lord and leave it as that. I created this mentality of thinking I had figured God out (which is impossible by the way). It wasn't until I got here and was introduced to this idea that I realized it. It's true the Lord is constantly enlightening us with new revelation but don't be so quick to end it in a period (i.e. "."). Be open to receiving new knowledge and end it with a comma instead (i.e. ","). Get my drift? 

"God is most easily lost when thought to be found" 
^If that ain't the truest thing^


So yeah, there's that. 
Hope everyone back home is doing well.
I would love to hear from you as I continue these little updates.
Also, my mailing address is attached if you would like to connect via snail mail 
As always, love you big 
-Awn 

Anna Concepcion 
A Life Together DTS #213
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy 
Kailua- Kona, HI 96740

Post a Comment

welcome. Theme by BD.