DIY Floating Shelf


 DIY Floating Shelf 


This project is one of my most favorite's to date! SO stylish and so so easy anyone could pull this off! 

Here's how I created this minimal and modern floating shelf:


What You'll Need:

+ 2x4 pine wood plank (usually $6-$7)

+ pack of 2 'L' brackets ($3-$4)

+ Power drill

+ pencil

+ Level or Level Phone App (yes its a thing and very nifty)

*optional* Brass/Gold Spray Paint 


How To:

-You are going to start by attaching the 'L' brackets to the wood plank, from the bottom.
You want to hang the shelf this way so it appears to be floating versus hanging the "L" upside down where you could see it hanging below the shelf. 




-Optional: the only brackets I could find were this Silver/Zinc plated color and nothing I own is silver- so I chose to spray paint the brackets brass (before hanging) to match my brass decor accents. A little extra but I'm much happier with it this way. 

-Next it's time to hang your shelf, You'll need your power drill here...
truth be told... I used a screwdriver and screwed this by hand but if you wanna be more professional this is how the pros do it. 
a pencil and your Level will be very helpful at this step.

Simply drill your shelf into place and you're all set! 

Because we hung the brackets this way, they are easily masked once you style your shelf:




I love this DIY because it can be completely customized! If you want a deeper shelf all you need is a wider wood plank. If you want a different wood grain, snag some wood stain while you're out collecting your supplies! 

hope you found this helpful! 
be sure to tag me in your floating shelves because I would love to see how you style them! 
@Anseli__

xx 
Anna






Post a Comment

welcome. Theme by BD.