Arriving In Hawaii Part 1

July 7th, 2016:
Reporting live from 37,000ft in the air. Flight destination: Kona, Hawaii. 
I can honestly say this is one of the scariest things I have ever done. Right up there with zip lining over Nevada, Missouri or getting my booster shot at 12 (I'm a whimp when it comes to needles). The past few months leading up to this day were full of "preparation" for today but you can't really ever prepare yourself for the emotions that come along with something like this. I was always just "excited" and I'm still so excited but I'd say the last week I started to get nervous. I was saying goodbye to everyone I knew and loved, to familiar buildings and streets, to my favorite city in the whole wide world. I've never flown this far before. I've never been this far from home. I already miss my mom. I think I might have over packed. I don't know anyone there. 
Is this what it's like to graduate and go off to college? Because I've watched a lot of teenagers graduate and head off for school but never heard about the tears and hard goodbyes or nervousy jitters. I might just be the only one. But I'm just telling it straight. Non of this is easy, but I know and trust that it is all going to be so worth it. I mean it's Hawaii for gosh sake!   
I'm just trying to be real about this, I am so glad I'm doing it. I'm so excited for what the Lord is going to do in my heart and in my life. I can't wait to learn all the things he is going to teach me. I'm stoked to see how he moves in the lives of others around me. 
BUT
it's still very hard.
Sometimes you have to let go of something you love in order to grab hold of something He has in store for you. And that's what I keep telling myself. All of the time and money and tears and worry that went into getting me here will all be worth it. 
Well, I'll leave you with that. Thank you again for all of you that gave in someway to fund me and this mission school. I'll keep you updated 
-Awn 

Post a Comment

welcome. Theme by BD.